Monday, July 23, 2007

So Tired

Yes I know it’s been a while. There just hasn’t been much to say on the IF front since I took my last pro*metrium. If you’ll recall, they doubled my dosage in hopes of generating an extra-special-super-size period within ten days so that maybe, just maybe I could finally start injectables. Well, flash forward exactly four weeks and nothing. Absolutely nothing. Breathtaking isn’t it? And the most ironic part? I am desperately hoping that I’m NOT pregnant.

My asthma flared up a little bit about ten days ago after a failed attempt to get an outside dog. (We won’t go into that.) It wasn’t too bad – no wheezing or coughing, but I definitely felt tightness in my lungs so I went and got a steroid shot and a prescription and while I was there they did 2 chest x-rays to make sure I didn’t have bronchitis. I didn’t, and the asthma was very mild so I was feeling back to normal within a couple of days. Since this was only the second time I’ve needed treatment for asthma as an adult, I can’t complain too much.

So . . . period 21 days late + 2 x-rays = one worried me. It’s just so damned ludicrous.

Anyway, I am pretty sure that rather than being pregnant, my body is simply protesting the high dose of pro*metrium. When they gave me a progest*erone in oil shot a few months ago, designed to cause the mother of all periods, nothing happened then either. Or perhaps it’s the steroids. I poas on Friday and it was negative, so I’ll give it a few more days and see what does or doesn’t happen.

I am so tired of all of this.