Monday, May 5, 2008

The Numbers *Updated


Fourteen - the number of days it's been since my SW said she'd check into first aid classes and get back to us

Four - the number of days it's been since I sent her a reminder e-mail

Zero - the number of times we've heard from our SW in the past two weeks

I will wait until Wednesday morning and will then have to call her supervisor. I have no desire to get her in trouble, but we need this information. The class we've signed up for is this coming Saturday. The organization expects payment by Wednesday (which I can do over the phone via credit/debit card). We have no intention of wasting a Saturday afternoon and $70 to take a class that may not be suitable to meet our first aid requirement. Thus we need to know if this class is acceptable. It's a very simple yes or no question.

I am feeling so disheartened about this whole situation this morning. Oh, and angry and fed up and pissed off. I want to lay my head on the desk and cry in frustration.

Yep, that about covers it.

* I sent our SW another e-mail around noon today letting her know the situation - that our class was coming up on Saturday, that we needed to pay the school by Wednesday, and that I needed an answer from her by Wednesday morning. She e-mailed back late this afternoon informing me that that particular class would NOT meet our requirement. So, I am glad to finally have a damned answer. I am also pissed to be back at square one. Our SW will contact one of her foster parents who teaches first aid classes to see if she'd be willing to do a private class for us. So it's back on her shoulders. Great.