Thursday, October 22, 2009

L-I-MBO

Aaaaahhhh! Our road trip to Niagara Falls (the Canadian side) and back through PA (Amish Country and Gettysburg) was just what we both needed. It was rainy and cold most of the time, but that didn’t stop up from doing what we’d planned to do. O explored the battlefields in Gettysburg while I spent a lot of time combing through antiques shops looking for treasures. Apparently I was successful because after ten days and almost three thousand miles, our rental car was literally packed to the gills when we pulled in our driveway. I truly don’t think I could have fit one more thing in there, unless I was holding it in my lap.

I missed a call from D*C*F*S yesterday. No message. I guess it was for a foster placement.

I did receive a note from my e-mail buddy at the State Off*ice just before we left. Apparently we are being considered for several kids including a sibling pair. No details, of course, so who knows if we’d be a good fit for any of them or if we’ll hear another word about them. Her advice? "Be patient."

Mmmmmmkkayyyyy.

Let the limbo continue. Gosh I wish I was still on vacation.