Friday, October 22, 2010

Blah and Ugh


Okay, so the child we’re waiting for the judge’s ruling on? It’s Mark. And I don’t mind telling you, my stomach has been in knots for eight days now. Eight days of waiting for the phone to ring. Eight days of obsessively checking e-mails. Eight days of soaring hope. Eight days of just waiting for the bad news to arrive. I can’t concentrate. I don’t want to eat. I don’t want to chat with any of my girlfriends. I just want to WILL the judge to make the ruling. To WILL the caseworker to let us know. To WILL this child into our home and into our lives for the rest of our lives.

I can’t help but think of his bio family. If O and I are feeling this wait so strongly, I cannot imagine how it must be for them. Yes, it was their actions or lack of actions that brought them to this place, but I wouldn’t be human if I didn’t have some compassion for what they must be going through.

I wrote a letter to his caseworker and the caseworker’s supervisor, telling them how much we love him. How much we think of him. How much we’d love to be his parents. The caseworker told us on the morning we decided not to have him move in that if they hadn’t found another adoptive home for him by the time TPR was done (if TPR was done) we would be the first people they came back to. I guess we’ll see if that happens.

In the meantime, I’ve been staying close to home. Enjoying fall. Well, imagining that it’s fall (80 degrees here today – yucko). I made a candy corn wreath yesterday and have the hot glue burns to prove it. I’ve been doing a little bit of Christmas shopping online. Planning a 50th birthday party for O. Today I have been cleaning the house. Except that when you have to stop to check e-mails every 10 minutes, it slows the process down. Speaking of – back to it.

Happy weekend everybody!!!

No comments: