Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Kissin' Cousins

In what has to be the strangest news of the week, I found out that O and I are cousins. Before you screech in horror, we are actually 8th cousins. Our great-great-great-great-great-great grandparents were brother and sister. Their parents, Benjamin and Susannah, married in 1727 in Virginia.

It is officially a small world.

My poor husband, or as I now refer to him, my "cousband", had a most unfortunate stomach virus yesterday and is still feeling its’ effects today. He’s totally wrung out and is slumped down in his big leather chair watching “Columbo” episodes on DVD. To aid his recovery, I have a big pot of Pau*la De*en’s delectable Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup bubbling away on the stove. The house smells of Italian seasonings and garlic. Mmmmmmm! Hopefully he’ll be able to eat some of it.

Since starting this round of Pro*metrium on Monday, I am in the midst of what I like to call . . .

“Doughfest ’07, The Pro*metrium Returns”.

Doughnuts, cookies, pretzels, cinnamon rolls, all manner of bread products. If it started out as dough, I want to eat it. Lots of it. Now please.

***Update***

As we were about to sit down to a hearty bowl of soup, O chimed in with, “You know, the only thing that has sounded good to me in days is pancakes.” I was so happy that he expressed an interest in food that I quickly ran to the store for syrup and whipped up my world famous pancakes. (I’m not kidding. They are KILLER!) He was a happy boy. Now if his stomach doesn’t revolt, we’ll be in business.

I was perfectly happy as well. After all, batter is just a big ol’ bowl of runny dough.