Monday, March 5, 2007

Nope


Until the phone rang a few minutes ago, I didn't realize that there was an eensy weensy teeny tiny part of me that hoped I was pregnant. Of course that's what I've been wishing for and "working" towards, but the progesterone shot I had would most likely have spelled disaster for a developing fetus.

I know that.

Plus, my uterine lining is apparently too thick to successfully sustain a pregnancy.

I know that too.

So when the nurse said that I could begin my prometrium because my pregnancy test was negative and I felt crestfallen, I took a few minutes to try and figure out why.

I think it's as simple as this . . .

I wanted an explanation as to why my period never arrived . . . a GOOD explanation . . . a reason that didn't involve my body simply having failed once again.

I am absolutely exhausted.

But in happier news, isn't our kitty cat Barney cute laying out in our backyard enjoying the sunshine this afternoon?