Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Green Light

As unhappy as I was this time last month, that’s how happy I’ve been the past week or so. I am 100% back to my old self, and the Reglan-induced anxiety and depression are now just a painful memory. I must admit that when I was in the midst of all of it, a part of me wondered if I’d ever be able to pull myself out of it. Yet here I am, enjoying the heck out of my life again. I am so grateful.

Our Memorial Day weekend was so great. We didn’t do anything of major proportions but rather stayed close to home working in the yard, laying in the hammock, sitting out in the sun doing a bit of reading, and of course barbecuing with family and friends a couple of times. We just got an honest-to-goodness picnic table (which I am ridiculously excited about!!!) so we ate out under the trees every chance we got. Food always tastes better when eaten outdoors. I don’t know why. Food also tastes better when the reflux that’s been plaguing you for three months is FINALLY under control. Can I get an AMEN?!?!? So I allowed myself to indulge a little bit, fixing homemade coleslaw, macaroni salad, baked beans, chips, hot dogs, and the most incredible caramel apple pie, served a la mode of course. Mmmmmm, I think I gained a pound just writing about it!

I talked to the psychiatrist and RE yesterday and both are on board with resuming our infertility treatments, so we’re jumping back on the IF roller coaster with the arrival of my next period. I am hoping that, like last month, I’ll have a good period all on my own without taking pro*metrium or pro*vera. We shall see, I suppose. But it feels good to have the green light again. I am so ready to throw myself into this process and see what happens. I’m at the point where I just want to know one way or the other if having a biological child is a possibility for us. If it’s not, then I’m ready for us to get on with the rest of our lives.