Thursday, May 31, 2007

It's a Sunshine Day

(To those of you who read the title of this post and are now unable to get the Brady Bunch song "Sunshine Day" out of your head [like ME!!], I'm so, so sorry.)

I've spent most of the day outside working to clear out everything in a flower bed that O's grandmother planted decades ago. It's overgrown and in need of a huge makeover. So with the help of a shovel, a rake, and 22 "rainbow" knockout roses, I hope to have a new bed planted in the next couple of days.

A few minutes ago I wandered around delighting in our yard and how happy all the plants seem to be, even in the midst of this drought we're in. So I thought I'd share.





geranium barrel, back patio

backyard - hosta, fern and impatien shade bed



my work in progress



backyard - hydrangea, hosta, and impatien bed


our front yard