Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Wanna Be Done!


I’m pretty sure that around 2:30pm yesterday, hell must have frozen over.

Know why?

Because MIA called my husband!

Well, let’s put it this way. Two weeks ago we received the following from Nicole, Mia's supervisor:

“I have sent Mia an email with a copy to the Director telling her this (the remaining portions of our home study) needs to be completed immediately. I will let you know the status next week.”

Of course, two weeks went by with no update from Nicole and no word from Mia. (We were expecting Mia to call to set up a time to discuss our contingency plan for taking care of our adopted child should anything happen to us).

O left Nicole a message yesterday afternoon wondering why no one had been in touch and within 20 minutes, Mia called back! Will wonders never cease?!?!

O said she was as nice and professional as could be, wanting to sit down to interview my BIL and SIL at their convenience. Looks like she’s going to skip right over talking to us about it. Fine by me, by the way. I’d prefer to never see her again if I can help it.

But I do think the woman has a lot of nerve, to call and still not make any reference to the past 6 months of b.s. and/or her choice not to respond to the e-mail we sent outlining our concerns back in April.

Anyway, we're now trying to coordinate my BIL and SIL’s schedules so we can cross yet another thing that should have been completed 6+ months ago off our list.

Aren’t we done YET? I wanna be DONE!