Monday, February 8, 2010

It's a Date



This morning I received an e-mail from Smiley's adoption worker.

The ISP is set for Wednesday February 10th. He anticipates a final decision being made at that time, but he couldn't make any promises.

I have to say that I am ready for a resolution to this. Since we found out that we were chosen as the family to be presented to the adoption committee, I've had a nervous flutter in my stomach. Then with last Monday's call telling us about this new person that's come forward and now wants Smiley, my stomach has just flat out hurt most of the time. I am ready for O and I to get on with our lives, one way or another.

Whatever they decide, I just hope that above all they will make his safety and well-being their top priority. That is my main concern - far outweighing whether we get to bring him home. I just want him to be safe.