Friday, August 15, 2008

Same Day . . . Different Story


Well, I think we may possibly have stumbled upon the actual truth, or some semblance thereof, anyway. Of course, I've thought that before . . .

After talking about it this afternoon, my husband decided to call Nicole to see if he could cut through all this bs and just get some answers from her. I know you'll be stunned (not) when I tell you that he got yet another, completely different, story.

O began the conversation by saying that he understood from the direc*tor that the holdup was our finger*print check from the state bureau of investigation .

No no no, that's not it. The fingerprints are back. The problem is that the county (Mia/Nicole) never sent our C*A*N form - a form used to run a child abuse/neglect check with some group or another.

Nicole apologized profusely several times, admitting that it was all their fault - that they messed up. She said that as of today, "all the paperwork needed to complete our home study" is still here at the county offices (our C*A*N form as well as the paperwork from our foster/adopt class) and "will go out Monday," when the woman who generates the C*A*N forms is back in the office. She's on vacation.
I guess she was on vacation last week and the week before too. Hrumph!
Nicole took O's cell phone number and said she would call him on Monday when the paperwork had been sent, just to let him know.

Mmmm hmmmm . . . . I've been at this place before, where I think that finally - FINALLY we're on our way. Call me cynical, but I'll believe it when I see it.