Sunday, March 8, 2009

And the Questions Keep On Coming . . .

Okay, I'm in need of a bit more advice, if y'all don't mind.

Since we're contacting the SW first thing in the morning re: fostering, I'm wondering what I need to have here at the house to be "ready to go". We're willing to foster up to age 3, so that should narrow down the list of "must haves" a little bit.

This is what I have:

two drawers full of clothes up to 3T that should get us through a couple of days if necessary
three crib sheets and crib bedding
a baby monitor
a pack 'n play
a bunch of toys and books
a couple of pacifiers
a couple of receiving-type blankets
baby wash and baby wipes
toddler toothbrushes
bibs
a new car seat
a baby thermometer and medicine dispenser

The crib and changing table will be here in about a week.

It's so hard to know what to get, but I'm a "be prepared" girl, so I want to have some stuff in place in case we get some middle-of-the-night phone call.

Thanks again for any wisdom you have to share.