Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Boy Oh Boy

Boy oh boy . . .

oh boy oh boy . . .

do I have a lot going on in my head at the moment.

I got an e-mail from our worker a few minutes ago. She was able to answer most everything we'd asked regarding the possible adoptive situation we've been presented. Some of the information was definitely concerning, but there was nothing there that stopped me in my tracks.

The kicker is that everything is on hold. The foster parents of this child are dragging their feet in committing to adopt, so the state is getting together the paperwork to look for adoptive parents - possibly us. Our concern, and the concern of the workers is that once foster mom and dad hear that someone else is interested, they'll say that they want them.

On one hand, they've been with this family for a long time. It would probably be better on an emotional level for the child to stay with them. On the other hand, as much as we have tried to not get excited, it hasn't worked. I think we both have our hearts set on at least having the CHANCE to see where this goes.

Boy oh boy.