Sunday, November 22, 2009

Strike Out

The birthmom changed her mind. She's keeping the baby.

When I found out Friday night that the baby would be here so quickly, I took a MAJOR emotional step backwards from the situation. I just didn't see a way, logistically, for all of the legal stuff to fall into place between now and "then".

So I wasn't upset when I got the call this afternoon. O is actually more disappointed than I am.

Oh well, one strike doesn't mean we're out. Onward to the future, which will include a call to our worker in the monring letting her know that we're jumping into the foster care mix - ages three and under, preferably one child but we'll consider two. We'll do this only with the understanding that if the adoptive situation we are discussing works out, we'll have the opportunity to pursue that and any others that may come along.