Monday, June 14, 2010

Meme-o-Rama 2010

It seems that every time I've been tagged for one of those blog memes in the last year or two, I've copied and pasted it into a word document, played with it for a few minutes, and then never published it. So today it's time to clean out my files.


It's time for . . . MEME-O-RAMA 2010 . . . consider yourself tagged . . . and I apologize in advance for the spacing - I suspect it's going to me a mess!


Two-Word Meme : Use two words to answer the following questions

Where is your cell phone? Purse probably
Your hair? wet curls
Your mother? Anxiety producing
Your father? Rocket scientist
Your favorite food? Ice cream
Your dream last night? Forgotten about
Your favorite drink? Milo's tea
Your dream/goal? Healthy motherhood
What room are you in? Computer room
Your hobby? Antiquing photographer
Your Fear? Losing O
Where do you want to be in 6 years? With O
Where were you last night? Snuggled up
Something that you aren’t? enjoying humidity
Muffins? Yes please
Wish list item? One guess
Where did you grow up? My favorite
Last thing you did? drank water
What are you wearing? comfy comfy
Your TV? Real Housewives
Your pets? Spoiled rotten
Friends? Many wonderful
Your life? So blessed
Your mood? Cautiously optimistic
Missing someone? My grandparents
Vehicle? Needs vacuuming
Something you’re not wearing? Pink socks
Your favorite store? Williams Sonoma
Your favorite color? Periwinkle Blue
When was the last time you laughed? This morning
Last time you cried? Yesterday afternoon
One place you go to over and over? Husband’s arms
One person who emails me regularly? dear Karen
Favorite place to eat? Mexican mmmmmm


99 Things (Everything that I have accomplished is in bold)

1. Started your own blog (twice)
2. Slept under the stars (on the beach of Jekyll Island GA)
3. Played in a band (I played flute in my middle school band)
4. Visited Hawaii (for 3 weeks – HEAVEN!)
5. Watched a meteor shower (The Perseid Meteor Shower, both out in the desert near the Great Salt Lake with friends, and laying in the back of our pickup in our pasture with my wonderful husband.)
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disney World
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo (not happening!)
11. Bungee jumped (DEFINITELY NOT HAPPENING)
12. Visited Paris (twice – for several weeks each time – LOVED IT and miss it!)
13. Watched a lightning storm
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (quilting)
15. Adopted a child (Ahem….)
16. Had food poisoning
17. Seen the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables (we have a garden every year and grow pumpkins in the fall)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in person
20. Slept on an overnight train (from Switzerland to Italy)
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch-hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (we anonymously pay for police officers’ meals in restaurants on occasion)
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Swam under a waterfall
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater (There is one two minutes from our house.)
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving (see #11 above)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check (once, accidentally)
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square (New Year’s Eve 1999 with a million+ of my closest friends)
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London (I was at the palace but didn’t stay for the changing of the guards – wonder why?!??!)
77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee



25 random things:
1. I crawl into bed like a little kid instead of sitting on the edge and swinging my legs around.
2. I don’t like the Beatles’ music. Even a little bit. I don’t see what all the fuss is about.
3. O and I met online. His was the first and only profile I responded to.
4. The first night we spoke, I hung up the phone, looked up at the stars, and said, “I’m going to marry that boy.” I just knew.
5. When I clean house, I usually put Tom Cruise’s “War of the Worlds” on the TV in the den and turn it up loud.
6. The best concert I ever saw was James Taylor, at an outdoor venue in the mountains of Park City Utah.
7. I am a ridculously obsessive college football fan.
8. When those Sarah McLaughlan dog/cat abuse commercials come on, I immediately plug my ears and close my eyes until they go off. I am ridiculously tenderhearted when it comes to animals.
9. Holding a gun makes my knees feel weak, like what happens when I stand at the edge of the Grand Canyon.
10. I am the world’s worst surfer. Literally. Couldn’t even sit on the board.
11. If I could live anywhere other than my home state, I’d move to the Oregon Coast or the Gettysburg PA area.
12. I have to have my feet covered when I sleep or the booger man will get me.
13. I am proud to be from the South.
14. I cannot stand for people to drop by my house without calling. If they call, 95% of the time they are welcomed to come, but I think it is beyond rude to just show up and ring someone's doorbell.
15. I can't pronounce the word "rural" properly without it sounding like I am rolling a marble around in my mouth.
16. I remember the moment I found out Donny Osmond was engaged. I was in 4th grade and my little heart broke. I was sure he'd wait for me. I promptly took a pencil and blacked out his teeth in his engagement photo.
17. Shaun Cassidy soon came along and made everything all better.
18. Morning glories and hydrangeas are my favorite flowers.
19. I usually tear up during the national anthem, and DEFINITELY tear up when military planes do fly-overs at sporting events. I don't even have to be there and it gives me chills.
20. One of my g-g-g-g uncles was killed at the Battle of Champion's Hill near Vicksburg MS during the Civil War. His uncle who was fighting along side him had him buried under a big tree, separately from the other dead soldiers, in case his family was able to come retrieve his body. (They did not.) I secretly hope that someday, I might be able to find his burial spot. (I have transcribed his journals and letters from the Civil War and feel like I know him.)
21. I love to wash clothes. I love to dry clothes. I hate everything that comes after that.
22. I always have a big glass/bottle of water with me wherever I go.
23. I can't sleep if the comforter/bedspread is on the hotel bed. I wake up all during the night to make sure it's not touching me. O quickly learned that the first thing we do when we walk into a hotel room is bunch up the bedspread and deposit it in the corner. And then wash our hands.
24. My husband is the best person I have ever met - hands down.
25. If I was stranded on a desert island with a DVD player and could have one movie or TV show, it would be "Sex and the City".


In the last 72 hours, I have:
1. Gone to an auction filled with incredible antiques but nothing that I really wanted to buy
2. Communicated with someone I swore I’d never communicate with again
3. Heard “I love you” from my husband at least 50 times
4. Talked to a girlfriend on the phone and laughed my head off
5. Re-watched the “Real Housewives of NYC” reunion show (okay, twice)(okay, three times)
6. Teared up watching a baseball player hit a grand slam on the first pitch of his first major league at-bat - what a great background story the kid has
7. Curled up with a good book
8. Had a friend and her two pups over for a play date with our dog
9. Gone into our “child’s room” for the first time in a couple of months
10. Wished for fall, over and over and over again . . . TOO HOT!!!!


The Eights

8 TV Shows that I watch:
1. Real Housewives – all seasons
2. Pawn Stars
3. Deadliest Catch
4. American Pickers
5. Top Chef
6. Ghosthunters on SciFi
7. Judge Judy – yes, I said it! JJ is the highest rated syndicated show on TV, including Oprah, so I'm not the only one!
8. Antiques Roadshow

8 Things I look forward to:
1. smooching my husband when he gets home from work
2. getting a call from Mark’s social worker ( O has left another message this morning)
3. our trip to New England this fall
4. having two dear girlfriends visit from near and far for July 4th weekend
5. spending Father’s Day with my daddy
6. Sept. 4 – the start of college football season
7. getting my hair cut
8. part 2 of the “Real Housewives” reunion tonight (again, no judging)

8 Things I wish for: (in no particular order)
1. I wish for O and I to have a long, healthy life together.
2. I wish for BP to cap that damned oil well NOW.
3. I wish for an in-ground swimming pool – we kick the idea around from time to time.
4. I wish for my team to win a Notional Championship this year.
5. I wish for my girlfriend’s son to prove all the doctors wrong and live a long, healthy life.
6. I wish for autumn and beautiful leaves and sweaters and crisp air and cider.
7. I wish for my husband to be happy, always.
8. You know what my 8th wish is, don’t you?

8 Things I Regret: (in no particular order)
1. I regret quitting piano lessons
2. I regret loaning my former best friend money - it ultimately lead to the end of our friendship
3. I regret gaining back a lot of the 100 pounds I lost several years ago
4. I regret not spending more time with my grandparents
5. I regret not breaking ties with my “maid of honor” after her behavior in the days and weeks leading up to my wedding. Our relationship went on for 6 years longer than it should have.
6. Hmmm – there isn’t much more I regret. Sure, I’ve made mistakes in my life but in retrospect, I just don’t have a lot of things I still regret. I guess that’s good.


The Fives
Snacks I enjoy
1. ice cream
2. popcorn
3. bananas
4. chips & my homemade salsa
5. peanut butter toast

Things I would do if I were a millionaire
1. pay off our mortgage
2. buy my husband a tractor (he is obsessed with them)
3. go to the fall antiques shows in Nashville and fill up my car with treasures
4. make a huge donation to an animal rescue organization
5. put in a huge in-ground swimming pool

Bad habits I have
1. cursing – not as often as I used to, but still too much
2. biting my nails
3. being impatient
4. not trusting my instincts
5. liking chocolate way too much

Jobs I have held
1. pizza maker
2. nanny
3. medical office manager
4. writer
5. antiques dealer