Wednesday, June 25, 2008

No News

Remember the old saying “No news is good news”?

Around here, it’s pretty much been “No news is freaking aggravating”.

We did find out about Smiley. He has been matched with a family. There haven’t been any visits yet, but they think this match will work so they put a hold on his case and removed his photo from the website. As I said in my last post, I knew that deep down but I just had to find out on the off chance that something else was going on. It still makes me sad that we weren’t even able to be considered for him.

Still nothing on our home study. I e-mailed Nicole, our SW’s supervisor, on Monday and asked the million dollar question – the question I can’t seem to get anyone to answer. How long does it take to review a home study? I know it will vary depending on the worker assigned to the case (Lord don’t I know THAT!!!), but are we talking a two-week process, or should we not expect to hear something until the end of the summer. Just tell us. Tell us SOMETHING!

Anyway, I posed the question once again and she wrote back and said she’d e-mailed the state office to get an update on the status of our home study and she’d let us know when she hears back.

Okay, whatever. At least she wrote back.