Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tagged

I was recently tagged by the lovely and inspirational Lisa , so away we go . . .

Favorite food? pizza or Mexican food

How would the person who loves you most describe you in ten words or less? the love of my life

Any regrets in life? Loaning a former best friend $35,000+ over the course of several years. It ruined our friendship. (More specifically, our friendship was ruined because he chose not to pay me back.) I learned a lot of valuable lessons though.

Favorite Charity/ Cause? Make a Wish

Something you can’t get enough of? Time with my husband

Worst job you’ve ever had? I worked at Brown's Chicken in suburban Chicago in high school . . . for about a week. I had to wear brown polyester and a creepy brown hat and went home smelling like chicken and coated in a thin layer of grease. It was horrifying.

If you could be a fly on the wall, where? in the state adoption office if/when they finally review our home study

Guilty Pleasure? reading Peo*ple and U*S magazines while taking a bubble bath

Got any confessions? Well, I try not to miss Judge Judy if I'm home when she's on. I know, I know - stop laughing.

If you HAD to spend $1,000 on YOURSELF, how would you spend it? Depending on the time of year, I'd head to the garden center for flowers, flowers, flowers or I'd go crazy online ordering Christmas decorations.

Favorite thing about your house? We built on what was O's grandparents' farm, so every little corner of each acre holds a nice memory for O. Also, I love our big trees, woods, and ponds.

Worst thing about your house? Currently it's that someone has dumped two huge piles of chicken poop in the field across the street. I'm assured that it will be removed before the Father's Day barbecue we have planned this weekend.

One thing you are bad at? Waiting

If you could change something about your circumstances, what would it be? I would be a parent.

Who would you like to meet someday? I'd love to see my grandparents again someday, hug their necks, and tell them how very much I loved and missed them.

What makes you feel sexy? taking care of myself, eating right, and exercising

Who is your real life hero? foster/adoptive parents

What is the hardest part of your job? I don't have one at the moment, so I'm going to say, "no income"

When are you most relaxed? At bedtime when I crawl into bed with my husband, lay my head on his chest, and he puts his arm around me. Happens every single night.

What stresses you out? waiting

What can you not live without? my husband, time with my friends, a place to grow things, air conditioning

Do you agree or disagree with the recent article that reported that blogs are authored by narcissists? Why would they write such things about ME?

Why do you blog? first and foremost as a record for myself of this crazy life, secondly to keep friends updated, thirdly for the amazing support I get from the people who read and comment

Okay, I know I need to tag some people now so here goes . . .If you read this, consider yourself tagged!