Sunday, May 30, 2010

What I do know . . .

There are a lot of things I don’t know . . .

1. Is there any news about Mark and his case? No idea – we sent the SW an e-mail early last week. Not a word back. The next court date is mid-June. Maybe we’ll know something before then. Or at least afterwards.

2. Has anything happened in the Amy/Chris saga? I haven't the foggiest notion.

3. Will we ever, ever come to the end of this road and have a wonderful, magical little creature living in our kids’ room and calling us “Mom” and “Dad”? Your guess is as good as mine.

4. This fall, when our foster/adopt license runs out, will we renew? I truly can’t say.

But what I DO know is that I am married to the best person I have ever met and I feel so, so grateful that we have kept the promise that we made to ourselves years ago.

We vowed to never, never let our pursuit of parenthood negatively affect our marriage. If it ever did, we were going to stop immediately. Nothing was worth risking our marriage.

Of course, we’ve had occasional moments of discord (and when I say moments, I literally meant moments – neither of us can stand to be upset with each other for more than a few minutes), but I can honestly say that we are stronger, happier, more of a team, and more in love than we were when we started down this crazy road. And that is an immense blessing.

We’ve had such a lovely weekend so far. We went to an auction and had a barbecue with my parents yesterday. Today we ran some errands and came home to a thunderstorm. Since we didn’t have anything on the agenda, we raised the bedroom windows to listen to the rain and lay on the bed watching the Brav&es game and talking about plans for the summer. The sun finally came out this afternoon, making the temps in the low 70’s and the humidity 80% (I’m melting). Ahhh, I am a lucky girl. A lucky SWEATY girl, but lucky nonetheless.