Friday, March 21, 2008

Drive By

This will be short and sweet, as I have a little bit of a sore throat and a low grade fever and my husband is making me go take a nap.

On Tuesday morning I sent our SW an e-mail asking if our home study was still on track to be completed today (Friday) and if I could come get it and FedEx it overnight to the state office once she had it all sealed up and ready to go.

No response Tuesday.

No response Wednesday.

By late Thursday afternoon I'd had enough so I had O call her. He found her working away in her office. She said she'd asked her boss if I could FedEx it and I can not. Okay, whatever.

But she ALSO said that said that OUR HOME STUDY SHOULD BE COMPLETED AND IN THE MAIL BEFORE 4PM TODAY AND THE STATE OFFICE SHOULD HAVE IT MONDAY OR TUESDAY!

Tra la! Tra la!

Now, that little tease called "hope" has bit me directly in the buttocks on more than one occasion, so I'm trying not to do too much "tra la - ing" until I find out on Monday whether it actually went. But maybe, just maybe things are looking up.

Of course, that didn't stop me from being aggravated that she never bothered to respond to my e-mail. Seriously, would it have even taken two minutes to write that out and hit the send button?

Oh well, my eyes feel too warm and achey to be too aggravated right now. Off to nap with Dr. Ph*il.

Happy Weekend everybody!