Monday, March 17, 2008

refresh . . . refresh . . . refresh . . .

Six hundred seventeen: Roughly the number of times I’ve hit the refresh button this morning to see if I have any new e-mails in my inbox.

I’ve got correspondence flying all over the internet this morning.

I’ve e-mailed the wonderful woman who taught our foster/adopt classes to get some additional information on the little boy she is looking to place.

I’ve e-mailed a state adoption office re: a child I saw on their website (only to hear back that they couldn’t release any information until our home study is complete. Helloooooo? Social worker?????? We truly adore you but we last met with you two weeks ago. Please hurry and get our paperwork completed. Please please please! We are so interested in this child.)

I’ve e-mailed and called our social worker letting her know about both situations, and about the possibility that she may be hearing from workers re: either child.

This situation is completely messing with the control freak part of my personality. I wish I could just run over to the social worker’s office, get everything typed up and mailed off myself.

Shit.