Monday, February 19, 2007

Behind the Eggs

Before I begin today’s rant, I wanted to get some input from y’all. Some of my fellow bloggers and I are starting an IF support group for our area. The closest one is about two hours away so there is obviously a huge need for it. So I’m wondering, what would you look for in an IF support group? Any of your suggestions would be much appreciated.

Now on with the show . . .

Have I mentioned that I CAN'T STAND waiting? More than just about anything else? Except maybe having a hotel room comforter touch any part of me while I'm sleeping or the combination of fruit and meat on pizza? So perhaps that’s one of the lessons I’m supposed to learn from this whole IF roller coaster – how to be gracious in the face of waiting.

However, I am clear on two things at the moment. I do not feel particularly gracious and oh by the way I still CAN'T STAND WAITING!

I wish this period would just start already. Yes, they said it would be 2-14 days and yes, I only got the shot on Thursday but sheesh. I desperately want to be pregnant. It’s ridiculous to be anxiously awaiting a PERIOD!

It probably doesn’t help that I have $1000 worth of follis*tim staring me in the face every time I open the door of my fridge. Which was quite often this weekend, by the way. Perhaps I’ll just tuck it behind the egg carton. I’ll never see it there. (Only in re-reading this did I get the irony of storing the follis*tim behind the eggs! Isn’t infertility a hoot?)

We went to my in-laws house for my SIL’s birthday party yesterday. My MIL could give Paula Deen a run for her money. Chicken and dumplings, cornbread, green beans and corn from their garden, cheesecake and poundcake and calories oh my!

We all went outside for a few minutes after we ate. Our youngest nephew (6) was riding around on an old scooter in the driveway. It was clearly on its’ last legs, having been passed down from grandchild to grandchild for the last 13 years or so. Someone commented on that fact and my FIL said, “Well, it doesn’t have to last much longer.” It made me sad because there is a real possibility that no, there won’t be anymore grandchildren to ride that rickety thing around at Grandmother and Granddaddy’s house.

God I hate this. I hate that IF sneaks up and sucker punches you when you least expect it. But I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know, huh?

And finally ladies, I know that infertility can be painful and emotionally draining but if we've learned nothing else from the last 48 hours, let us remember this:

Please do not take your frustrations out on your hair. Shaving your head is never an option. It's the middle of winter. It's cold. You lose most of your heat through your head. Step away from the razors.