Saturday, February 3, 2007

A fern can't love you back!

You'd think that since I am posting a photo of a dog on my blog, that it might actually be MY pet. But nooooo, you would be mistaken!

I love and adore dogs, was raised with dogs, and had dogs until I was about 25 years old. But somewhere in the last ten years or so, I have developed pet allergies so along with possibly not being able to have a child, I can't even have a DOG!

I need something to nurture, dammit! There is only so much satisfaction that can be derived from caring for house plants.

In the meantime, I have to make due with weekly visits to my parents' house to see their new puppy Buster. He was dumped on my neighbor's porch, skinny and with open sores on his neck from being tied up. The neighbors are great but unfortunately already had 5 dogs so they had to call the pound. Before animal control could arrive, I saw this little guy, fell in love with him, and immediately called my mom. She and my dad were in the car and on their way over to get him within ten minutes. It's truly a match made in Heaven. He is s-p-o-i-l-e-d and they are head over heels in love with him. We all are.

Gotta go - busy busy! I'm trying to teach my ficus to fetch.

P.S. I hope none of you ladies are hungry this evening, because I have eaten ALL the food. Every. Single. Bit. Of. It. Sorry!