Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Blurry Red Difficult


Hi. I'm (______) and I believe that one particular brand of pregnancy test is out to get me.

Just before Thanksgiving I took a home pregnancy test and it came back positive. POW! Within ten seconds the word "pregnant" showed up in the little window sending my heart soaring. It felt like a miracle . . . for a few hours . . . until I confirmed that it was wrong.

So. Damned. Wrong.

You'd think that I would have learned something from that little nightmare.

But nooooooooo . . .

I got my progesterone in oil shot 12 days ago and the promised mother of all periods has yet to materialize. Nothing - zip - nada. The NP said it could be 14 days so I'm not terribly worried yet. I'm getting there though.

So, for the first time today I thought "Hmmmmm, is it possible that I'm pregnant?" The logical answer is no. The timing doesn't work out at all. I was on CD2 when I had the progesterone shot 12 days ago. But, crazier things have happened.

A couple of hours ago I did a pregnancy test and again, right away, the word "pregnant" came up. (By the way, this is the same brand but a different box purchased at a different store.) My spirit did not soar. My response instead was to throw the test in the trash while yelling, "Liar!" Sure enough, the next test, a different brand, was negative.

I'm glad that I'm not pregnant. A massive dose of progesterone would most likely spell disaster for a growing fetus. But I am so very weary of being jerked around by the reproductive gods.

So if you see said reproductive gods, my Aunt Flo, or the makers of these pregnancy tests from hell, please feel free to give them a good kick in the kneecaps for me.