Friday, February 2, 2007

I'm Hooooongry!


I’m not sure if it’s because of the Prometrium I’m taking, or because I’m emotional about our first steps into the world of ART, or simply because . . . well, who needs a reason . . . but I’ve been seriously hungry the last couple of days. And I’m not talking about run-of-the-mill snacking. I am talking about an oinkfest of monumental proportions.

You think I’m kidding?

Yesterday in the span of one hour - 60 short minutes - I ate a huge banana, a bowl of tomato soup with crackers, a 100-calorie bag of kettle corn, 5 Kraft caramels, and 2 bowls of Rice Krispies.

I’m guessing about 20 calories a minute.

Regardless of the reason for this insane need to eat the entire contents of my kitchen, I’ve got to get a hold of myself. Prometrium is just the beginning. We don’t even bring out the big guns (injectables) for several weeks.

Hey wait! I know! I’ll simply harness all this raw eating power and put it to work for me. I will become a member of the International Federation of Speed Eaters and be like that guy Kobayashi who eats massive quantities of food quickly and FOR MONEY! Sounds right up my alley.

After all, the cash for all these doctor’s bills has to come from somewhere.